No. 314, September/October 2023
Our cover story this issue catches up with Paul Huang, who has just released his debut recording of sonatas by Saint-Saëns, Respighi, Chopin, and Paganini. Find out how Huang, at age seven, fell “madly in love with the violin and with sharing the gift of this beautiful music.” Elsewhere in this issue, you’ll also find a special focus on education.
Also in this issue:
- New priorities in selecting a maestro
- Why 1973 was such a good year for Baroque ensembles
- The state of classical music comedy
- An unlikely musical pairing from the Telegraph Quartet
- A few tips on handling harmonics
And more . . .