No. 311, March/April 2023
Regular price $9.99
Our cover story this issue is an interview with violinist Eldbjørg Hemsing, whose new album Arctic celebrates nature and her Nordic roots. She hopes the expansive soundscapes “show people how magnificent and fragile this ecosystem is.” Elsewhere in this issue, you’ll also find a special focus on string adventures.
Also in this issue:
- How actors train to play virtuosos
- The Calidore String Quartet plays Beethoven
- A composer’s adventure in using artificial intelligence
- Tracy Silverman’s innovative podcast
- Mia Pixley’s “Off-beat” cello, made by Andrew Carruthers
And more . . .