No. 308, September/October 2022
Regular price $9.99
Our cover story this issue checks in with cellist Sheku Kanneh-Mason, who is releasing a new album Song. The album travels from Messiaen’s Quartet for the End of Time to Burt Bacharach/Hal David hit “I Say a Little Prayer,” with many stylistic side trips along the way. It is, he says, “very much like a portrait of who I am up until now.” Elsewhere in this issue, you’ll find the Education Guide, with program profiles and tips for creating a more accessible classroom and how high schoolers can ace the college audition process.
Also in this issue:
- Violinist Francesca Dego and Sir Roger Norrington take a fresh look at Mozart
- The Sphinx Organization marks its silver anniversary
- Discovering the delights in the playing of master fiddler Ed Haley
- John-Henry Crawford tackles the tango
- Johnny Gandelsman’s snapshot of America
And more . . .